Administration of student rating services is transitioning to the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment during the summer of 2019.
The links and resources on this page will be maintained until the completion of the transition, at which time all information and resources will be moved to http://effectiveness.syr.edu/course-feedback/.
For assistance with student ratings or additional information about the transition, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are relatively new to the teaching profession and would like general information on student ratings of teaching effectiveness: General Information on Student Ratings of Teaching Effectiveness
- If you are interested in a general discussion on the uses and common questions associated with student ratings: What’s the Use of Student Ratings of Teaching Effectiveness?
- If you are uncertain how to interpret your student ratings in order to determine the focus of your teaching enhancement: Interpreting and Using Student Ratings of Teaching Effectiveness
- If you plan to modify your current student rating form or create a new form: Using the OIR Item Bank to Create Your Own Form and The OIR Student Ratings Item Bank
- If you are unsure how to modify your teaching strategies based on your analysis of student feedback: Student Ratings of Teaching Effectiveness: Creating an Action Plan
- If you are seeking information about the online student rating system: The OIR Online Student Ratings System
- If you are seeking information about ways to encourage student participation in the student rating process: Enhancing Student Response Rates
- If you are administering the online rating system for your department: Online Student Rating System Administrator Guide
Have a question about student ratings? Commonly asked questions about the student ratings process are answered here: Student Ratings at SU: Information for Students
If your question is not answered there, please contact us at email@example.com.