Association for Institutional Research (AIR) AIR, the principal professional association for institutional researchers, provides a variety of resources to enhance the planning, managing, and operating of postsecondary institutions.
National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) NCES, a part of the U.S. Department of Education and the Institute of Education Sciences, is responsible for collecting, analyzing, and reporting educational data.
- Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) IPEDS, a component of NCES, focuses specifically on collecting educational data (e.g., enrollment, graduation rates, financials, etc.) from all postsecondary institutions.
- IPEDS Peer Analysis System This system is an interactive search tool that allows data comparisons between a chosen postsecondary institution and a group of peer institutions selected by the user.
- NCES College Navigator College Navigator is an interactive search program that permits comparisons between the profiles of over 7,000 U.S. colleges and universities.
National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) NCAA is a national organization responsible for governing intercollegiate athletics. The site provides information on various aspects of athletics, including academics, eligibility requirements, governance, and student-athlete developmental programming.
- NCAA Report on the Federal Graduation Rates Data This report provides the graduation rates of Division I, II, and III student-athletes by institution.
New York State Education Department (NYSED) Through an interconnected system of educational services, the NYSED carries out its mission “to raise the knowledge, skill, and opportunity of all the people in New York.”
- Office of Higher Education (OHE) OHE, a division of NYSED, executes several responsibilities, including the certification of teachers and other school professionals, the improvement of teacher preparation and recruitment programs, and the administration of higher education access programs for traditionally underrepresented and underserved populations.
- Office of Research and Information Systems (ORIS) ORIS, a branch of OHE, collects, analyzes, and distributes information reflecting the quality and status of higher education in New York State.
U.S. Department of Education This federal entity is directed to “promote educational excellence for all Americans.” The Department establishes educational policy, collects and disseminates educational data, researches key areas of concern, and promotes equal access for all to education.